Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Sanaa Sana Band

                                  



This is so surreal - sitting in the founders office upstairs in his home barefoot (no shoes allowed) with Al Jazeera news on TV, my laptop in hand on couch designing the bands cd and tshirt, dog beside me, 4 local employees (young men) working at computers and reading, Finnish founder at his desk behind 3 giant MAC screens, toddler on his iPad on the floor playing games and housekeeping wandering in and out. I even got to meet the singer Toto pictured below. He had to make a last minute Swahili text change on my laptop,ha. They're flying to Finland Friday to perform and he asked if I would  there to watch, sweet. Due to a power outage throughout the town, Bahari Beach, I'm working here today since he has a generator in his office. Taking it all in. Feel right at home after an unsettling first 24 hours. I've yet to see the beach here but apparently a 10 minute walk away. This is pretty damn cool and a little crazy ;)



  

No comments:

Post a Comment